Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 22, Muslim Place of Worship.

I was upset with myself this morning. It was our turn to deal with the difficult text scriptures from the Quran. Women issues, Jews and Christians issues, war and violence as well, it was tough, it was rough. It was disastrous to me, and I have only myself to blame. 2:191-196, 4:34-36, 5:51-57 & 9:28-31 were the text given. It was not easy, not at all. Today, I vow to learn and dive deep into the meaning of these verses, not letting such experience ever happens again. insyaAllah.

After so long being absent from consistent formal religious classes, I had lost my tools. It did not come when I needed it. It was obvious that these tools had to be used. But I failed to even realized that once, I have acquired some of these tools if not all. Asbab al-Nuzul, Quran bil Quran, Quran bil Sunnah, Nasikh wa Mansukh, Urf, Muhkamat & Mutasyabihat, ‘Aam & Khaas, all these Tafsir tools, I failed to remember.


However, going for Jum’ah heals it all. Alhamdulillah. New mosque in Berlin, CT. The khatib was great. His reminder on Ramadan was enlightening. We brought all the Christians and Jews as well, to witness this blissful Friday prayers of ours. They appreciated it and were able to connect with their own rituals. Tomorrow it’s our turn to visit synagogues and churches. I hope everything will go smoothly insyaAllah. Amin.