Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 16, Washington DC.

From Connecticut, to Boston, New York and now Washington, it seems that Allah made it easy for us. Every single time, there will be someone who is willing to assist us one way or another, or at least even if we are on our own, our journeys are usually smooth Alhamdulillah. The hospitality here is just too wonderful. I have never had one in Singapore, not that I can remember at least.

On our way to DC, we stop by Baltimore in Maryland to check out Islamicbooks.com store. I am a crazy fan of good books, but unfortunately not a good reader. My philosophy has always been the fact that I am far behind in terms of writing and critical thinking, it is simply because I do not read that much. One of the main reason, I thought, I had no access to these great books when I was young! Playing games was my only favorite past time. Although games had contributed in giving me all these skills and strategies that I had developed thus far, missing other essential skills from reading is such a waste.


Therefore, since my first year in Egypt, I have been buying books and a lot of it too, to keep and at least have an access to these wonderful knowledge, with the hope that one day I will be able to make time to finish reading it all up. On top of that, my family too will be able to enjoy the sea of knowledge embedded in those books. I am glad my wife has the same interest. Now she can help me building up our very own mini library at home insyaAllah.